Friday, April 17, 2009

Just Thinking

1) Happy to be home at last. My hospital room was starting to feel like a prison cell.

2) Overwhelmed: Mama is so good with the baby. I don't know how I can ever be as good as she is. She never panics and always knows exactly what to do. And I still panic at the slightest sign of distress from him and have to call her.

It's stupid to compare, I know. I mean, this is my first baby while my mother has raised 5 children AND she is a doctor. Of course what is overwhelming to me will be a piece of cake for her.

And it doesn't help that I still can't be as active as normal.:(

But still, she will be leaving sooner or later and she is one hard act to follow.

I hope I will pick up enough from her before she leaves.

3) Circumcision is awful. One of the few times in my life when I wished I wasn't born a Muslim. I mean, the way it felt. He's my baby. I just half-died giving birth to him. And they HURT him. And I had to let them when what I really wanted to do was to just BITE all of them until they bled.:(

Anyway, he seems ok now so I guess this is best forgotten.

4) My son has mascara eyelashes. Mashallah. I mean, I wish I could get mine to look like that with mascara. They're so thick and long and dark and beautiful. Guess they're his father's but they show more on him because his face is so tiny.:)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

i was hoping for a girl so we would not have to circumsize..but o well..it is easier done when they r so small....we r all over it now:)

4/20/2009 11:53:00 PM  
Blogger Puppy said...

Are you serious?????

You had c-section because u had a baby boy???? Its a first time i hear this, this has no logic, is it the reason you say you wished not being Muslum? what it has to do with Muslim?

I mean, really????? u have C-section because its a baby boy???

4/21/2009 04:16:00 PM  
Blogger Puppy said...

Ohhh yes, welcome home and enjoy the motherhood, you will learn it easily, our mom's learned it somehow;)))

Good luck!

4/21/2009 04:19:00 PM  
Blogger The Negative Girl said...

circumcision, not C-section :)

4/21/2009 06:09:00 PM  
Blogger Puppy said...

Ohhh, LOOOOL

Thank you, Nethele, i just got it:))))) THANK YOU! :)

That was a shock!

but circumcision, and the guy is just few weeks borned its still too early.

Anyways:))))

4/21/2009 06:12:00 PM  
Blogger The Negative Girl said...

Don't mention it, sometimes I too get lost in the words :)
It is awful & very cruel, both for the baby & his mommy, but if it has to happen, it is better when they are newborn, than later..

4/21/2009 06:22:00 PM  
Blogger Um Naief said...

just love mascara eyelashes! :)

the circumcision made me feel the same way... just hated the thought of putting my son in harm's way. i probably would have opted not to do it if my husband didn't insist upon it.

4/26/2009 03:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home